Thursday, March 3, 2011

follow up to January 15th (I fell down) post

I went on the same course that I fell on not long ago with my husband and showed him where I fell. Sure enough there was about a 1/2 in lip where they had put in a new section of sidewalk. I did feel better realizing that I had probably just caught my foot on it and that was what caused my fall. I do have a problem of not lifting my feet when I run, and apparently I was just tired enough that this caught me up. I was a little concerned that I would just fall for no reason again. Today I went back and ran the 7 mile course for my long run, I ran from Fairhaven park to Market depot in downtown Bellingham and back. It was a really nice run, mostly on trails. I stopped and took a picture of the sidewalk because, lo and behold it had been ground smooth. There is no longer a lip to trip over. I guess I wasn't the only one. So glad to see they took care of it.
Here's the picture of the improvement, wish I'd taken one before they did the work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.