Friday, March 18, 2011

Padilla Bay interpretive center - museum and beach, 4th grade field trip

     Tuesday I got to tag along with my grand daughters' school field trip. They went to Padilla Bay interpretive center/museum and did an exporing assignment on the beach.
     I love to walk on the dike trail, but I haven't been to the center for a long time. There is a neat little loop trail that is behind the center. We used to walk it with our kids when they were young. We discovered that there are a lot of owl pellets under the large trees, our kids enjoyed picking them up and looking in the owl pellets for mouse skeletons. Our youngest successfully put one skeleton together, from the bits in the pellets.
     I had a great time on the field trip. The staff were really good with the kids and had planned an excellent time both at the museum and at the beach. One highlight of my time there was when one of the staff came up in front of the kids and began singing silly, educational songs using familiar tunes. He was great! I was pleased to see that the Padilla Bay website has a "kids page" where you can listen to these songs.
     Here was one on You Tube that I loved: 


Padilla Bay, always a good place for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.