Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chuckanut 50k 2012 and SPRING!

The Chuckanut 50k takes place in our neck of the woods and on Saturday. Not such good weather for the run as it can become a real mud bog. My husband and I ran on the trails last year while the 50k was going.
Here's my post about it and the mud -
                                         
   This years start was very gray and rainy.

The runners before the aid station and the Fragrance lake trail turn off on the interurban trail.


** I'm adding this You Tube video after I'd already done this posting.**
 I found this Chuckanut 50k 2012 You Tube video where I'm along the trail where the above picture was taken. In the video I'm the spectator on the right side of the trail, in the blue!

 There was about 3 inches of snow at Chuckanut ridge, the following blog post has great pictures of the day and some really good ones of the snow on the ridge and chinscrapper.
Here's another site that has some info and pictures of the day and the top 10 male and female finisher lists.
Here's a site that lists the complete results - you can select the info you want in just a few clicks.

It was great to be there and watch the event. I think we had the weather of all four seasons there during the day while we were watching.

Now I'm ready for SPRING!


Hyacinth in our flower bed - yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.