Saturday, April 7, 2012

Running and Kayaking

     I joined Bellingham fit (http://www.bellinghamfit.com/) to help me train in a safe and sane way for my Humboldt Redwoods Marathon in October. Now that I'm beginning to run again since my calf injury has healed, I thought that this would be a good option for me. I've now gone to two of the Saturday group runs and did my first week of the 6 month training schedule I was given for my pace.
Last week we ran once around Lake Padden 2.6 miles


at a pace that is comfortable to us, to determine which pace group to train with. I'm in the walk/run group which is fine with me. My goal is to run as much as possible. I'll probably stay with this group for my whole training time, since the next group up starts at 10 minute miles and I've not gone that pace for a long time.
      Now that the weather is trying to be a bit better we got our kayaks out of the top of the garage and took them to a small local lake - Fazon lake (http://www.fishwhatcom.com/lakesrivers/Fazon.html) a couple times this last week. It was so nice to be on the water again. I love my kayak, it's a Perception sport 10' 6", just the right size for me.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.