Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Juice and Apple Butter

I decided to do something else with our apples, we've been dehydrating them the last few weeks & we've got enough dried now I think. So I got out the juicer and made some fresh apple juice - unfiltered.


Then on to peeling, coring and slicing apples for Apple Butter, I haven't made it for ages. It turned out pretty good.



All of this apple talk reminded me of a song we used to sing with our kids when they were small "Apples and Bananas", to help them learn their vowel sounds. 
Click on the YouTube video below the hear the song - enjoy!


I went for a four mile run this morning before I got started in the kitchen. Our friend the northeast wind is back & the first Swans flew over today - all the way from Siberia! I love that they fly over our house! I actually enjoyed putting on layers, gloves and a hat. All of my aches and pains are gone from my marathon run a few weeks ago. I ran about 6 1/2 miles last Saturday with my husband on the North lake Whatcom trail, just finished that one before a wind and rain deluge hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.