Monday, December 31, 2012

Highlights of my year - 2012

Just some of the fun times I had being "just me - alive"
I love weather especially snow, and January didn't disappoint. We usually get northeast winds and our snow all blows away or drifts when we get snow here, 
so a flat sticking snow this year was extra nice.


.We can't get in enough birding trips, and in February since it was a Snowy Owl flight year we were determined to find them, and we did - in British Columbia - Boundary Bay.


The best news of the year was that my calf injury completely healed and by March I was able to resume many of the activities that I love.

also in March I was able to watch my Granddaughters for my daughter and son in law while they went to Hawaii for a week. While with them I taught them to sew with a sewing machine. Here are some of the projects they choose to make. Pretty good, I think!

Lora learned straight seams & made a blanket for her stuffed tiger.


Ruby made a Kimono for her Pandy bear


Skylar wanted to make a quilt for her bed.


In April I started training with Bellingham fit, a group that guarantees they will get you trained enough to run and finish a marathon. Since I'd been injured and hadn't run a marathon in 26 years I  thought that would be a good welcome back to running goal.


In June my daughter took me to a pottery studio for a one day lesson as a birthday gift. Here we are together - ready or not!

Thank you Melissa, such a fun day. Here's my finished pieces, I was really pleased with the green bowl, turned out rather nice. 

Summertime at our house means being busy in the vegetable and flower gardens. We get to freeze, can, dry etc. our vegetables, berries and fruit. I planted two things this year that haven't done so good in our garden in the past and was really pleased with them. Our sunflowers and dahlias finally got enough sun to actually grow this year. Enjoyed them so much -



I September I ran my marathon. Bellingham fit came through on their guarantee, I ran and finished.


In November I got to help with the aid support for my dad's 80 mile run for his 80th birthday.


Happy New Year! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.