Friday, July 12, 2013

Noisy Creek Trailblazer hike

Thursday my husband and I went hiking with the Bellingham Senior Trailblazers. We drove to Baker lake and the trailhead for the Noisy Creek hike. The guidebooks say it's a 9 mile hike, but my iPhone's Endomondo app put it at 10.09 miles & Pat (our fearless leader) 
said his GPS tracked us and 10.1 miles. So a bit of discrepancy with the book, 
but I like that our own tracking devices pretty much matched.

Mosquito spray stop
In about 2 miles we came to Hidden Creek, beautiful and noisy 
but not the Noisy Creek we were looking for ;-)

this picture is from a previous hiking trip (Sulphide creek & Baker river hike May 2011) 
one of the wood bridges on the trail
opening before the site of the campground
after about 2 1/2 hours of hiking we took a right turn at the fork in the trail and walked
to the campground for lunch.



It was a great spot to eat, even a picnic table!
We had a view of the Noisy Creek bridge across the lake.

click to enlarge to get a better look at the bridge
and finally Noisy Creek - 

after lunch we walked a bit farther on the trail so we could say we had actually seen Noisy Creek!
On the Senior Trailblazer's schedule this hike was to be eight miles long. This turned out to be a "little" farther. That's the farthest I've hiked for awhile and even though it was moderate in it's rating - I'm wondering if I'll be rested enough to hike Sauk mtn. with the group next Thursday. 
We'll see......
Nice day for a hike and nice company.

Endomondo stats:
10.09 total miles hiked



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.