Thursday, August 8, 2013

Scott Paul Trailblazer hike

Today 18 Senior Trailblazers headed to Scott Paul trail, and what a gorgeous day it was!
We hiked through the trees for the first few miles, enjoying the old growth forest.





As soon as we got to a clearing we stopped for a snack to enjoy the views -


Then we split into two groups. One group would continue on and hike the entire loop and the other group would hike a bit farther and then return from the way we'd come up.
I was with the group that was going to complete the loop.

nice view just after lunch
hiking beneath the glacial moraine
just a bit of snow left on the trail
looking towards the railroad grade
Me, with Mt. Baker!
Narrow trail before heading down

fun small suspension bridge
our exciting stream crossing

Walking through Schrieber's meadows to end the hike. My husband joined us on this hike and I have to say a big thanks to him for helping us with our stream crossings. 

My Hero :-)
Endomondo stats:
8.73 total miles hiked
3314 Min. altitude
5256 Max. altitude
9207 Total ascent
9241 Total descent



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.