Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chain lakes Trailblazer hike

The magic number is "12".
The wilderness regulations state that the maximum hiking group shall be 12, exactly the number in our group today!
We began our Chain lakes hike today at the Artist point parking lot.
(Reminder - click on the pictures to view them larger)


A beautiful if not a little warm (mid 80's) day of hiking.
Every direction I looked was breathtaking, I obviously could have taken way more pictures.





We stopped for lunch at Iceberg lake.


my husband couldn't resist a cooling dip!


after lunch we walked a little further enjoying the many blueberries along the trail. 
Jean put hers in a container for her pancakes tomorrow morning!


We saw lots of different mushrooms along the trail. Here's my favorites - by favorites I mean to look at, I have no idea if they are edible or if they should be eaten.



As I said earlier it was a warm hike, whenever we found shade we stopped to cool down a bit.


I saw these bees and a butterfly in the flowers beside the trail.


In a word, the day was "Glorious"

Endomondo stats:
5.48 total miles hiked
4643 Min. altitude
5266 Max. altitude
3943 Total ascent
3800 Total descent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.