Thursday, November 28, 2013

Oyster Dome, our Thanksgiving day hike

We had our family Thanksgiving last weekend, so we went hiking today! We decided to hike to Oyster Dome, then to Lily lake and back to the Samish overlook via the Larry Reed trail.
What a beautiful day here -
I took this picture on the road, just before we got to the overlook.

click to expand this panorama photo
Panorama photo of the overlook parking area
Me, at the Oyster Dome viewpoint


Since it was Thanksgiving we brought our stove and had a proper cup of tea with our lunch!


Can't get a better view for lunch -


I love this sea of ferns in the forest -


our road crossing -


When we arrived back at the overlook the sun was beginning to set. If you click on the picture below to make larger, you'll see Mt. Rainer in the distance.


I got a sneaky picture of my husband enjoying the setting sun -


and finally a panorama of the gorgeousness - 


On this day of Thankfulness ~ I'm thankful I spent the day at a beautiful place with someone I love.
6.8 total miles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.