Thursday, February 27, 2014

Finally snow!

No hiking for me today, I seem to be getting a cold :-/, so instead of doing a post about our group hike today I'll share some of my favorite pictures of our snow event this past weekend.
 While I do sympathize with the areas that have been really hit with snow this year, it's an exciting event here in the Northwest when we get any accumulation. I am a huge snow fan, so when it began the window shades came up and I began my snow flake falling watch in earnest.
I was glad that most of our accumulation (about 12 inches) fell before the Northeast wind began, so that we would get a nice flat blanket. My husband and I went for several walks after the Northeast wind came just because we like to feel how strong it is. We live in a tree sheltered area, but with just a half mile walk we can be in the open and feel just how strong it is. 
Here is a short clip of one of our walks and we weren't to the corner yet.


My husband & our dog "Lexis" walking with the wind at their backs, a bit better but still very cold. 


as you can see our dog is very happy &
me in the photo below looking equally happy in our winter wonderland.


In the photo below you can see how the wind caused the snow to drift in front of our house.


Best snowfall we've had in quite a while, but I hear spring is on it's way ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.