Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fort Ebey Trailblazer hike

When I packed my pack Wednesday evening for today's hike, I packed all my rain gear because it was REALLY raining hard outside. When I woke up this morning and looked out the curtain I saw that it was still raining. Oh well, I was packed and ready to go, and since we were heading to Whidbey Island for our hike today we had a better chance of  hiking in less rain.
After our longish carpool ride from Bellingham to Whidbey Island's Fort Ebey we were happy to see that the day was indeed looking better already.


The trail quickly began it's way through the forest from the parking lot.


There were a few openings in the forest that had wonderful groves of Alders.


We chose our place to eat lunch - in Limbo!




It didn't take long for us to make our way to the bluff trail and the spectacular view.



There were a plethora of signs on this hike, thanks to our fearless leader Pat and his trusty map, we found our way through the maze of trails.


it was indeed a grand day to be out with these Trailblazers!


Endomondo stats:
5.1 miles total hiked
14 Min. altitude
286 Max. altitude
802 Total ascent
766 Total descent



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.