Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ed's trail Trailblazer hike

These words from "The Hobbit" should have come out of Ed's mouth today as he met us to lead us up his trail - Ed: "I am looking for a someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone. Us: "I should think so - in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
20 Trailblazers gathered at Lake Samish Park today to hike "Ed's trail", it's really the trail from the Whatcom county park, but Ed lives near there and hikes it all the time. 
Hence "Ed's trail". 


The hike today was on dirt trails and old logging roads and some bushwhacking on a "bit" of a trail marked out with surveyors tape.


We were blessed with a nice sunny day and we had fun watching Karen help out Gary with his head cover.


We stopped for a snack break and enjoyed the incredible view of Lake Samish below. I had invited my dad to join us for the hike today & thanks to Cookie I have a memory photo of our day together.



While we were taking our break, Pat & Ed checked out the map,


& I checked out the flowers.



Gloria, the flower child!



Thanks to Ed and his wife for treating us to coffee and treats after a long day on the trail.


A good bit of wisdom learned by our group today, "Not all who wander are lost" - Tolkien.

Endomondo stats:
8.71 total miles hiked
336 Min. altitude
1733 Max. altitude
2877 Total ascent
3095 Total descent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.