Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stomach bug served with a head cold chaser

Sorry for the illness humor. 
I just thought it sounded like some of the cutsie alcoholic drink names served during the holiday season. 
I have pretty much been sick ever since we got back from our Arizona vacation the 14th of November. Maybe my body is telling me it's happier in Flagstaff. Hmmmm
I was pretty bummed to not attend the last Trailblazer hike on Thursday. We had scheduled a surprise after party for our fearless leader Pat. Owen and Penny put together a book of thanks for him and it was to be presented at the party, The book is to be full of photos of Pat leading us on our various hikes. I can't wait to see it.
Here's one of him getting ready to lead us on our Clayton beach hike in February 2012. Always ready to lead, with a good attitude, lots of information of the area and if you listen an awesome laugh. He is the heart & spirit of our group, 
thanks Pat.


I'm also thankful I stumbled on Djan's blog back in 2011. It was through her blog that I learned of the Trailblazer group. I'm glad I acted on my impulse to join these hearty senior hikers. They are such a fun group to share my love of hiking with. The Senior Trailblazers are split up into 2 groups. I had originally started in April of 2011 with group 1, Al's group (and the group Djan hikes with). Then after a long rehab from injuring my calf in June of 2011, I started back with group 2 led by Pat. My first hike back was at the February Clayton beach hike in 2012 and I've stayed with this group ever since. It just feels like a nice fit for me to be with this group. This is where my Ruby Red slippers take me to, hee hee (referring to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, when she clicks her heels together and repeats - "There no place like home").
I have been looking into drinks and foods that can help boost my immune system. I know this is sugar coated BUT it's super yummy and full of Vitamin C.
Since it's the holiday season and it's traditional to indulge in sweets, here's this years first attempt at making a seasonal treat. Candied Orange peel
As I sit hear with a still drippy congested nose/head,
I raise my cup of Ginger tea to you as a toast to the season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.