Sunday, February 15, 2015

Ten mile run

What wonderful February weather we've been having. The weather forecast for today showed sun and mid 50's for the temp's, so I was very happy. I usually try to do a long run on Sundays. Today I had decided it would be 10 miles. I haven't ran that far for awhile, so I thought I'd give my endurance a test. I'm hoping to get some longer distances in throughout the summer, so this is just the beginning.
Back in October I did a post inviting my readers to come along on an 8 mile run with me. 
You can read it here. I thought I'd do the same thing today since it was so beautiful.
I did an out and back course starting in Cornwall Park.
Here are my views as I ran -

Squalicum Harbor 
Looking towards Zuanich park 
South Bay trail

5 mile turn around point, time to head back. If you click on the photo below to enlarge it you can see some of the Sail boats in the bay.


Heading back through town -



and happily back along the water again.

Bellingham Shipyards 
Passing Hotel Bellwether


Squalicum way - almost done, 
and past one of Bellingham's newest city parks Squalicum Creek park.

Cornwall park
Done!
Now, wasn't that a beautiful 10 mile run?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.