Thursday, March 12, 2015

North Butte Trailblazer hike

13 Trailblazers headed to the Blanchard Mountain parking lot for our scheduled North Butte hike. It was raining last night when I packed my hiking pack, so I had put in my rain poncho. When I awoke this morning and saw blue sky I decided to be optimistic and took my rain poncho out! It turned out to be the right decision, we had wonderful weather for today's hike.


We took the Lily and Lizard lakes trail.


We followed Max's shortcut towards Lily lake.


I took the two photos below to show the differences in the forest as we walked through it. The first photo is full of ferns and moss was on many of the trees around us. The second photo has little vegetation other than the large trees.



We walked past Lily lake on our way up to North Butte.

Thanks for taking my picture Joe!

Finally lunch!


After lunch I walked over to check out the view & wow I'm glad I did - 

Looking to the left
Looking to the right
As we walked back down the trail to the parking lot, I spied this serene spot in the forest. 
It was so peaceful, as if saying "Happy Trails to you".


Endomondo stats:
Total miles hiked - 9.45 miles
Minimum altitude - 863 feet
Maximum altitude - 2243 feet
Total ascent - 1667 feet
Total descent - 1840


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.