Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cedar Lake vewpoint hike

Sunday "fun day" with my hubby. I like the sound of that, 
I think from now on our Sunday activities will be called "Sunday fun day".
We decided to hike the Pine and Cedar lakes trail today, but we were only going to the Cedar viewpoint for lunch and then hike around the lake before heading back down. We've hiked this trail many times, and I've also done it with the Senior Trailblazers. You can read about that day's hike HERE.
The trail is notorious for the first mile of "up" hiking, I really enjoy this hike though. 
- Even the hill!



After the first mile is out of the way, all of the road noise from the freeway below is gone when you turn the corner near the sign at the top of the hill. Just birds singing and quiet the rest of the way.


We hiked up to the Cedar lake viewpoint for lunch,

looking west 
We sat on this rock looking east for lunch
 then on down to Cedar lake. 
I love the picture below of my husband walking through the forest.


Steps cut into the fallen log
Cedar lake
A quick hike around the lake before heading back down the hill.
We saw many, many Skunk Cabbage plants in bloom. One of my favorite spring flowers ;-)

  

Tree growing over a large rock
There were so many Trillium in bloom along the trail, I couldn't stop clicking away.



I'm thinking I like these Sunday "fun day's with my sweetie.

Endomondo stats:
Total miles hiked - 6.5 miles
Minimum altitude - 283 feet
Maximum altitude - 1817 feet
Total ascent - 1614 feet
Total descent - 1656 feet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.