Thursday, June 4, 2015

Goose Rock Trailblazer hike

Wow, it's been since April 30 that I was on a Trailblazer hike. 
Too long. 
What a great day for a hike! 17 of us met at the Bellingham Senior Center to begin the long carpool to Whidbey Island. I was excited not only because it was my first hike back with these great people, but because this is one of my favorite hikes (yes I know I have many favorites. hee hee). If you're interested you can read THIS POST from April 2014 (the first time I'd ever gone there).
We began our hike at Cranberry lake. I never know quite the route that our "fearless leader - Pat" will take us on, and he was true to form today. I've done this hike a couple of times before, but never with the route we took today. It's always interesting what our route and distance will be when it's all said and done.

Cranberry Lake
 



In the past when I've done this trail we have always taken a right at this sign in the photo below and headed up to the "balds" for lunch. Today Pat had other plans we went to the left around the Goose Rock perimeter trail before heading up the hill.


Cornet Bay

I had truly missed being in our beautiful Pacific Northwest forests.


Wild Rhododendron
 We also saw this little fellow below, with something in his/her tummy - lunch!?



Finally at the top.
Time to enjoy the view........


 & time for lunch.


On the way back we walked the beach.



I missed hiking with these great people while I was off playing for a few weeks.
If you ever get a chance to join a hiking group, by all means jump at the opportunity.
Another great day spent with great people.

Endomondo stats:
Total miles hiked - 7.6
Minimum Altitude - minus 10 feet
Maximum Altitude - 491 feet
Total Ascent - 755 feet
Total Descent - 802 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.