Thursday, June 11, 2015

Little Mountain Trailblazer hike

14 of us Trailblazers gathered eagerly today to carpool to the "mountain". 
No, not "THE" mountain. 
Here in our neck of the woods "THE" mountain is Mt. Baker. We will get up into the foothills of Mt. Baker soon, but today's hike was to be Little Mountain, located in Skagit Valley.
We've been having glorious weather lately, upper 70's and 80's. My kind of weather, I love it!
Pat in the photo below scouting out the map.


Then joined by Pam - more scrutinizing,


and we're on our way.


The forest made it ideal for hiking, the shade was nice and a slight breeze made it even better,

my favorite photo subject - "a sea of ferns"
 We gave this trail a 4 thumbs up rating, because there was a port a potty at the start, one at about our 1/2 way point up to our lunch spot and one at the view parking lot at the top. 
Outstanding!
If you click on the photo below, you will see that our fearless leader "Pat" seems to have an ethereal glow about him :-)


Ginny's Trail & our "Ginny"


The viewpoint looking to the North.

 

The photo below is a panorama, if you click on it to enlarge it, you will see Mt. Baker on the right.


Our merry crew, minus me & Joe. 
Joe was behind me taking a photo as well. 
We are the photo snappy ones of our troupe.


 I'm in the photo  below -  the one Joe took while I was taking the group photo.

photo credit Joe
I caught Helen enjoying the view at the overlook parking lot viewpoint.


If you click on the panorama below you will see what she was enjoying -
 "Skagit Valley".


I looked straight down and saw daisies.
We ate lunch at the viewpoint knoll.


A spectacular day!

Endomondo stats:
total miles hiked - 5.91
Maximum altitude - 958 feet
Minimum altitude - 139 feet
Total ascent - 908 feet
Total descent - 674 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.