Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stimpson trail run

I varied from my regular Thursday hike, when I got an invite from my daughter to go for a trail run with her. She wanted something a little hillier than she has in her own location.
So we met at the local REI parking lot and drove together to Stimpson Reserve.
The plan was for me to run one loop and for her to run two loops while her kids were in camp. We only had a few hours to do this & we planned it just right for her to head home before their bus would arrive.
She and her husband do Spartan races, they will be doing one in August so she needed a good training run. They hope to earn a double Trifecta (2 Sprints, 2 Supers & 2 Beasts) this year. One Trifecta is when the three levels of Spartan races are completed in one calendar year: Sprint, Super & Beast. They accomplished the single Trifecta last year.
I posted about their first Spartan race in August of 2014 HERE.
We had a good morning exercising, (doing our push ups and mountain climbers)

and running (kindof) together! 

She passed me twice on the trail, once around Geneva pond where we purposely went opposite directions so we could say hi and the next time was about 1/2 mile from the finish.
Saying hi as we passed each other near Geneva pond
If you click to enlarge the photo, you will see her just coming out of the trees in the distance on the trail.
In the video (sorry iPhone users, you won't be able to see the video) she's passing by, and ready to be done. 
Fun morning with that girl of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.