Monday, August 10, 2015

Bp, Point Whitehorn walkabout

My husband and I enjoyed a nice walk at one of our favorite areas, the local Bp public access area.
Here are some pictures of the access area I had taken on another day -



We decided to walk around most of the perimeter and then cut off into the Point Whitehorn trail access area.
Since we've been having such dry weather, I was surprised to see so many trees and ferns along the trail already going brown. They seem to be distressed without the water they are used to getting.


When I go to the BP area to run or walk I usually stick to the paved road that runs through the gated property, so going cross country was very fun for me. Adding the Point Whitehorn trail to the day may it different as well. It's always nice to drop down to the beach from the trail, a very different terrain from the start of our walk. The picture below was taken from another days walk, but I wanted to include it so you could see the beach access from the trail. The trail from the parking lot is wheelchair accessible until the top of these stairs.


There were quite a few of these jelly fish (which I'm assuming were dead) on the beach.

The crab below was really about an inch wide, but I took a macro photo of it so you could see how colorful it is.

We went back up to the BP land by way of a steep trail up a cliff. It was about 100 feet up and thankfully it had a rope tied along it the whole way to help us work our way up the trail.
*Very fun!


Endomondo stats:
Total miles walked - 5.25 miles
Total ascent - 100 feet
Total descent - 127 feet

*Did I happen to mention that I'm signed up to do the Montana Spartan Sprint again next May :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.