Thursday, February 25, 2016

Oyster Dome Trailblazer hike

18 of us Senior Trailblazers started at the Samish Overlook and headed towards Oyster Dome.


I was excited to see the new trail work to bypass the rooted uphill experience of the old trail.
old trail
new trail
When we got to the top, the view was fantastic. On a sunny day the rock on the top is really a nice place to laze around and enjoy the day.

As we headed down we followed Max's short cut and then on to Larry Reed's trail.

macro mushroom


Endomondo stats:
*I had my doubts about the accuracy of today's stats
total miles hiked - 8.25
minimum altitude - 111 feet
maximum altitude - 2096 feet
total ascent - 2566 feet
total descent - 1396 feet

In November I used a picture of Marjan, one of our hikers for the picture of the week. She was building a kayak from a kit. Yesterday I was happy to watch her put her kayak in the lake and paddle it's maiden voyage. 
Here are some pictures of the day -

Karen brought Sparkling cider, we toasted and Marjan poured a bit on the bow to christen it!





It turned out beautifully and I was happy that I got to share her joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.