Thursday, April 21, 2016

Resting for Seattle Super Spartan Race

The hiking group that I'm usually with on Thursday's will be going to Hoypus Point/Ala Spit. I did this hike with them in March of 2015, click HERE if you'd like to read that post and see the photos of the area. The beach "lunch area" was wonderful!
I won't be joining them today as I need to rest up for Saturday, I'll be participating in the Seattle Super Spartan Race. This is the first event that will lead me to getting my first Spartan TRIFECTA.
My daughter will be racing as an Elite (Elites cannot have any help going over the obstacles) earlier in the morning and then will join me for my first Super level race at 10am. It will be nice to have her company. When I did the Montana Sprint last year, she with her husband and 14 year old daughter accompanied me around the course.
It was a nice Mother's day gift to have her & their support that day. 

I hear Saturday's event is estimated to be about 81/2 miles long with 28 obstacles. 
Time to "Spartan up"!

This will be the second event in my "Savoring my 62nd year of life bucket/goal list".
The first event on my list was accomplished when we finished the Whidbey Island Half Marathon, last Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.