Thursday, April 14, 2016

Resting for Whidbey half marathon

The hiking group that I'm usually with on Thursday's will be going to Burnout Point today. I went there just a couple of weeks ago with my husband. If you'd like to see the pictures and read about the area you can read that post HERE.
I will not be joining them today as I'll be Run/Walking (Run 15 minutes/Walk 5minutes) the Whidbey Island half marathon with my husband on Saturday, so I'm "resting" ;-)
The first time I entered the Whidbey half marathon was in 2009, I walked it with my dad. I also "ran" it in 2011 with my husband, you can read that post HERE. This was the second event I entered after beginning my weight loss/better mental health goal in the spring of 2008,  The first event I entered was the 2008 Fairhaven Frosty 5k in December. HERE'S the results list from that day's event, as you will see I wasn't last place, but it was a real struggle for me to finish. 

Now after losing 69 pounds as of this morning :-), I'm off to Oak Harbor again.
This Saturday's half marathon course map -


The course will be different from the previous years I was there, so it will be fun getting to know it.

This is the first event of my "savoring my 62nd year of life bucket/goal list" events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.