Wednesday, June 15, 2016

May Summary ~ Spartan Race(s), 1/2 marathon(s) training

Well my bucket list for paid entry running races has come and gone. The Whidbey Island & North Olympic Discovery trail half marathons were great experiences. I haven't done any official (paid) entry running races for a few years, so it was fun to get back at it, but for the rest of the year my (paid for) events in front of me are Spartan races - the Portland Sprint (really in Washougal, Wa.) and the Seattle Beast (really in Monroe, Wa.). 
I need to get stronger and faster while keeping my flexibility in check for the rest of the year. I have a tweaky left hamstring from the Whidbey Island half that I'm trying to keep happy. Thank goodness for my compression leg sleeves, they have really helped my hamstring to feel better.
Here's my May summary from endomondo -

If you click on the photo below to enlarge it you will see the activities are color coded for running, biking, fitness walking, hiking, walking, yoga and tai chi.

The "savoring my 62nd year on this earth" bucket list item I'm the most proud of so far is my backpacking trip last week. It's been 24 years since I last put on a backpack. I forgot how heavy it could be, thank goodness I've been training, being stronger really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.