Saturday, October 1, 2016

Chuckanut tour trail run

Another BEAST training trail run today for me and my husband. He's been trying to plan routes for us that give us alot of ascent and descent. In other words, a day that will kick our butts, he succeeded today with our Chuckanut tour trail run. Our distance goal for the day was 16 miles. The plan was to start at the North Chuckanut trailhead parking lot, head towards Raptor ridge then continue to Lost lake, Mud lake, Pine and Cedar lakes. Then head back down to the parking lot.
We began at the North Chuckanut trailhead parking lot and ran towards the Hemlock trail and ran up to Raptor Ridge.





We then ran down the hill to the Lost lake trail and on to Mud lake.

We ran on fall leaf lined trails today.

Yep, we will go towards Lost & Mud lakes ;-)

Mud Lake

Running along the bushy trail from Mud lake to the logging road that will lead us to the Pine and Cedar lakes trail.

When we reached the trail that connected with the North Chuckanut trailhead, we realized we would need to run farther to get our goal distance. So we decided to run up to Raptor Ridge again on our way out. Then connect with the Lost lake trail heading towards the North Chuckanut trailhead parking lot. In the photo below I'm looking a little shell shocked aren't I?! I actually was feeling pretty good, so I was up for the added route.

LOTS of ups and LOTS of downs today.

We did a great job of encouraging each other today and finished feeling pretty good.

Endomondo stats:
total miles - 16.6
minimum altitude - 66 feet
maximum altitude - 1743 feet
total ascent - 3350
total descent - 3392

I joined a run/walk/crawl challenge with "I love to run" the first of the year. The challenge was to run, walk or crawl 1000 miles total for this year.
I completed the challenge on today's run.
1000 miles!!!!

Yay - me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.