Saturday, October 29, 2016

Seattle Beast ~ Spartan Trifecta

This year I had set a goal to get a Spartan race trifecta. Last Saturday I completed that goal! We had company this week so I delayed writing this post until I had some free time. We went on some fun hikes to some of our favorite trails while they were here. I wouldn't have thought I'd feel like hiking after doing a Beast, but I guess we trained appropriately for it. I was hardly sore afterwards. Quite a difference from how I felt after my first Spartan Sprint race in Montana in 2015
The first of my Spartan Trifecta races was in April, the Seattle Super.

The next event was the Montana Sprint in May.

The third event to finish my trifecta was the Seattle Beast.

We'd had alot of rain the week prior to the race, so I knew that course would be pretty wet. I had a good idea of what the terrain was like now it was just wait and see how they would make it a Beast course.
When "we" (my husband and our son in law ran it with me) arrived at the venue it was a little foggy, the weather forecast was for low 60's and partial sun. Happy day's, that meant it wouldn't be too miserable. 
 A special thanks our son in law, my brother and a Beasts OCR member that took photos throughout the day. We had alot!

As in the other races I've done there were the typical pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing over under and through, crawling and jumping obstacles. I put them in collages. Enjoy!







Here's a video of the day courtesy Snojos Obstacle Course Training - OCT - Enjoy watching our efforts!

What a day, I gave it my all and I'm proud of me.

34 obstacles counting the wall before the start. 
Endomondo stats: 
total miles - 12.79 
total ascent - 2582 feet
total descent - 2454 feet

I am a Spartan - Aroo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.