Thursday, December 15, 2016

Fairhaven park Trailblazer hike

How to describe today's hike? A little bit of this and a little bit of that....
9 of us met on yet another frigid day for our hike. We were joined by one more at Boulevard Park, so really 10.
I took a screenshot from my phone's weather app when I got to the Senior Center this morning. BRRRR.

Today's hike was shorter, so we could attend the annual Trailblazer Christmas party afterwards.

Our hike today began at Fairhaven Park. We parked up by the tennis courts. 

There is a Labyrinth across the road from where we parked. The star in the lower right photo is in the center of the Labyrinth.

We followed the Interurban trail to Fairhaven till it connected to the South Bay trail.

Pam, Karen and myself showing how we bundled up for today's hike. Yes, we are smiling for the camera.

I've never seen snow on Taylor dock or the Over water walkway, so it was a treat today for me. I zipped two water trail pics together (not so neatly) to show how long it is.

I love this picture of our group walking on the trail with the Canadian mountains in the distance.

We found Christmas on the South Bay trail!

After walking around Boulevard park we stopped in Woods coffee for a nice cup of warmth and warmth for us as well. There was too much glare from the 2nd floor window to see the water view on the photo, but it was a pretty view of the bay.

When we got back to Fairhaven park we still had some time on our hands so we headed out towards the 100 acre woods and did a loop to the Interurban trail and back to the park again.


When we got back to the park I saw some Ribbon ice erupting out of the ground.

At the Christmas party our group presented a memory book for our "Fearless leader" Pat. He will be stepping down as our leader. Owen made him a wonderful book to show him our appreciation.
We hope to see him on the trails with us again as a member soon.

*Side note - Last week on our Fragrance Lake hike, I had mentioned to those around me that my nose was very cold and that I would really like to have a nose warmer knitted for me with ear-loops and a tassel. I didn't really expect anyone to act on it and was so surprised and happy when Penny dropped a little red item in front of me.
Quite a fashion statement I think ;-)
I can't thank Penny enough and thanks to Carol for taking my picture.


Endomondo stats:
total miles hiked - 4.5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.