Monday, December 12, 2016

Mon Oeuvre - en provence Mystery Quilt progress 2

 "Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

I'm progressing at a snail's pace :-) but there is progress. 
We've been given 3 week's of clues now. The clues are given each Friday morning and there is an online link up party on Monday's for us to submit what our progress looks like. It's fun to see the variety of fabrics people have chosen and it makes each one look unique even though we're working on the same quilt. You can check out the Monday link up photos HERE
My Mystery Quilt progress for this week -

I'm doing a sample of each week's clue that week, so when I get behind I'll still know how to do that particular clue. In the photo above you can see that I have all of Clue one's neutral 2 inch strips cut. I've begun sewing the Leader and ender chains together. Then I'll sew the rest of those into the 4 patches, they will need to be Spun/pressed and trimmed.
Clue 2's magenta and neutral triangle samples are done. I've never used the Tri Recs rulers before. Thanks to Bonnie Hunters great video tutorial I had no difficulty with them.
Clue #3's purple 4 patch samples are done as well. Those will be easy, since it's the same thing we did with our neutrals on clue 1. Now that I'm not nervous about how to cut and sew each week's clue's, I'm ready to sew, sew, sew till Friday's clue arrives.

 I took a photo of our fish pond today. We have a pond heater in it, since the pond completely iced over and it's supposed to be cold for several more day's. 
It's a windy snowy world here today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.