Monday, January 2, 2017

Mon Oeuvre - en provence Mystery Quilt progress 5

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

We've been given 6 week's of clues now. The clues are given each Friday morning. We had a surprise on New Year's day, the finish Quilt was revealed! Wow, this is what the official Mystery Quilt looks like. Ours will be different because of our own choices of fabrics.
The "Reveal" -

I got the Essential Triangle ruler in the mail this week so I've been cutting & cutting to catch up.

Here's my Half square triangle cut pieces for clue #5 & my Hourglass cut pieces for clue #6 with my new ruler.

The "Reveal" posting by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville had the remainder clues in it for us to finish the quilt. I have those all cut up now too. Here's my clue's 1 - 4 completed. Clue's 5, 6 & 7 cut and ready to be sewn, pressed and trimmed. I laid clues 5 & 6 down on the directions sheets (not sewn together yet) so you can see how the hourglass & half square triangle blocks will look. The last clue was easy, just solid yellow squares.

  No more clue's, we're on our own now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.