Sunday, January 1, 2017

Picture of the week ~ here i go.


The year is done. I spread the past before me on the living room carpet, point to the one where I decided to shed everything not deeply committed to my dreams. refused to be a victim to the self pity. here is the week i slept in the garden. in the spring i wrung the self-doubt from it's neck. hung your kindness up. took down the calendar. danced so hard my heart learned to float above water again. in the summer i unscrewed the mirrors from their walls. no longer needed to see myself to be seen. combed their weight out of my hair. i fold the good days up and place them in my back pocket for safekeeping. draw the match. cremate the unnecessary. the light of the fire warms my toes. i pour myself a glass of hot water to cleanse myself for january. here i go. stronger and wiser into the new.

the year is done ~ rupi kaur



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.