Monday, February 6, 2017

Mon Oeuvre - en provence Mystery Quilt progress 10 (flimsy complete)

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

This week's progress on my en Provence mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville).
I've seen many quilts posted online laying in the snow and thought what a beautiful thing. I was so happy when I got my flimsy (a quilt top that isn't quilted yet) done and we got snow! 
Pardon the footprints around it, but our Northeast winds were just beginning to blow harder and I just got the picture taken between gusts. Whew! We got some BIG winds later in the day, so my timing was perfect.
My Flimsy ~

and on our bed.

It's now pressed and ready to be made into a quilt sandwich.
*Quilters call the process of  assembling the three layers -- quilt top, batting and backing -- as making a "quilt sandwich".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.