Monday, February 27, 2017

Mon Oeuvre ~ Gnomes & Mythical Alphabet cross stitch projects

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

In between my Mystery Quilt work, I'm also getting back to a cross stitch project that I started probably 40 years ago. Some of the blocks are beginning to color so I'll have to figure out how to brighten them up before I put them all together. I'm thinking about putting the finished alphabet into some kind of a wall hanging. I did a Gnome cross stitch project years ago that I actually had completed and made into a wall hanging.

As you've probably figured out I'm trying to "re-friend" some of my passions.
Here are the finished letters in the Mythical alphabet.

Now I'm working on the letter "O". 
"Osiris"
I found when I got it back out and started trying to figure out where I am, my counting wasn't so accurate when I had been working on it the last time around. I'm not going to pick any stitches out but will continue on with it the way it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.