Sunday, March 12, 2017

Heart/Erie lakes trail run

We enjoyed our hikes in the Anacortes area Thursday so much that we decided to go back to Heart lake & run there today for our Spartan race training run. You can read about our Thursday hikes at Sharpe park, Heart & Erie lakes HERE. 
We started at the Heart lake parking lot and ran to Erie lake and back. I took this map photo at a kiosk just down the trail from where we started.

My hubby running along in front of me.

First Skunk cabbage of the year, our first "true sign" of spring!


You can just make out Erie lake through the trees.

Mount Erie behind me. If you look real hard you'll be able to see some rock climbers on the cliff, We could hear them before we saw them.

Isn't this old Maple tree magnificent?

We enjoyed our day on the trails, it's a really nice forest to run in.

The Garmin map of today's trail run.


Garmin stats:
total miles ran - 8.6 miles
total ascent - 1273 feet
total descent - 1854 feet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.