Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Stimpson Reserve trail run

I haven't ran on the Stimpson Reserve trails when there was snow on the ground before, it was soo pretty and NO I'm not tired of the snow. I do get tired of dark and rainy days..... but never of the snow.
We live in the county and our running options out the front door are just paved roads not so much fun, so my husband and I decided to run in the Stimpson Reserve for today's run. We weren't sure just how much snow we would encounter there especially on the upper areas. Turns out there wasn't any on the trail but enough around to help me feel like we were running in a winter wonderland.




We decided to run twice around Geneva pond, to give us a little more mileage.
Yes!  Our Spartan race training has begun again in earnest 😀. 
We will both be doing Saturday's Seattle Super in April. My husband will be doing the full weekend with the Sprint on Sunday. This is the first year there is a Sprint at this location. The Sprint is called the Seattle "Emerald City " open and is the first race of the season for the 2017 Spartan U.S. Championships series. It will be filmed by NBC and should have a full roster of pro and elite Spartan racers, this would be a good one to go and watch or just wait till it airs on T.V. later in the year 😉.
Garmin stats -
total miles - 5
minimum altitude - 552 feet
maximum altitude - 886 feet
total ascent - 781 feet
total descent - 751 feet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.