Thursday, July 27, 2017

Berthusen Park trails

We had visited Berthusen park recently and decided it would be a nice place to explore. It has a few trails in it, so we thought we'd go for a wander and see how it was.
I took this photo of the map board, there was some glare on it from the sun, but after looking at it I liked the picture because the forest is reflected in it.

Berthusen park is a hidden gem in Whatcom county. It's full of trees, ferns, Oregon grape, glorious flowers, a creek and many forest trails that surround and intermingle throughout the park.
A giant was among us. I took this photo the last time we were at the park.

I don't know what these flowers are but they were near the creek. I thought they were so beautiful.



I'm not sure how many benches there were, but the Eagle scouts had put in at least 12 that I counted along the trail. 

My husband looking pretty comfortable on one of the benches.


I've always loved trees that were bowed over the trail.

We stopped by the creek for a bit to check it out.

After we left the creek we discovered more of the beautiful flowers, they grew as tall as me! 

Then back to the forest trails.

Majesty

Our wander took us 4 1/2 miles, we went around the perimeter trail and some of the interior trails.
Our tracking route looks a little similar to the map on the sign board. You can see on the green map that there were a few trails we didn't get to.

Since we didn't get on all of the trails, we'll have to plan another day of adventuring in this wonderful forest.
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.