Monday, November 6, 2017

Mon Oeuvre ~ On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt progress 1

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

It's mystery quilt season. I have decided that I will attempt it again this year. The theme and color chips have been released on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog. I went to Lowe's and got my chips.

I then went to two fabric stores to pick out my fabrics. Even though Bonnie Hunter sews primarily scrappy quilts, that is too mind boggling for me, so I'll be sewing with one fabric from each chip color. I have my blue/green (her color choice for the boat), the coral/melon (her color choice for the sunrise). I found a textured looking fabric for the neutral (cream/beige) and a dark mix for the chocolate (contrast).

It took me a couple of trips to find just the right blue/green to suit my taste, but I'm happy with what I found.
Here's the inspiration photo she had for picking the name and the colors this year.

I'm ready to take the dive into "On Ringo lake"
The next clue will be around the end of November, so lots of time for deep breathing practicing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.