Monday, November 27, 2017

Mon Oeuvre ~ On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt progress 2

The first clue has been released from Quiltville. Each Friday is clue release day. I always print the instructions since the clues will be removed after the Quilt reveal in February.
I was happy that the first clue was easy for me, not too many to make so it went fairly quickly. 
Strips cut and sewn together.


More cutting. Making sure my seams nest. I made one practice patch to make sure I understood how to do it and to make sure it measured to the right size before I continued. I learned a valuable lesson with last years Mystery Quilt en provence. Don't cut up all of the fabric into strips, cut only a few at a time - then calculate how many squares I can get from one strip and only cut out that many strips. I did much better with this years first clue. I only have one cut strip left over.

The first two rows sewn together in a chain to save thread.  

Making it into a 9 patch.

First clue is done ✔

I love my little 9 patch!

"Oeuvre" (the works of a painter, composer, or author regarded collectively: "the complete oeuvre of Mozart" a work of art, music, or literature: "an early oeuvre" ORIGIN late 19th cent.: French, literally ‘work.’ - Oxford Dictionary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.