Monday, January 8, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ WIP and a Sew along

WIP (Work in Progress). 
We did some family visiting after the New Year, so I "enjoyed" a little break from sewing.
I'm still working on finishing the pressing for clue 6, and the sewing on clue 7.
I've assembly lined it up.
A pressing station for the seams on clue 6.

A sewing station for clue 7

and the finished pieces bagged up to wait for constructing clue 8.

Then I'll need to do clue 8 before I can assemble the top of my "On Ringo Lake" Mystery Quilt. My last "Mon Oeuvre" post shows that progress. You can read about it HERE. 

I did decide what I'll be working on after I finish the Mystery Quilt though. 
A few years ago I bought The Farmers Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Inspiring letters from farm women of the Great depression and 99 quilt blocks that honor them, book by Laurie Aaron Hird with the thought that I might want to make the quilt. I was also interested in reading the letters from the women of the great depression. I found out that the Gnome Angel is doing a Sew along of the quilt in the book. She will be assigning a couple of blocks a week along with tutorials etc. each week throughout the year. I thought that would be a good way to attempt this project. It will take a back seat to my Mystery quilt - WIP for a bit, but I have the book and some Fat quarters ready. I ordered 51 Fat quarters from Pink Door fabrics. Half of my fabric is here (Diving board prints), the other half (Sun prints) are coming later this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.