Monday, February 5, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt progress 11

I made the Quilt Sandwich! 
After squaring up the flimsy, I bought the backing fabric, washed it, cut it and sewed it together. I ironed it with starch before I laid it down on a sheet on the floor for the quilt sandwich assembly. I found a nice fabric for the backing, I really like how it looks, sorry the good side is laying on the ironing board. No peeking!

I use 505 adhesive spray to put the layers together, and a three sided ruler to smooth it all out with the adhesive spray. It all works really well for me. It's probably not what a "real" quilter would approve of, but I just try my best with what I have. After making sure I had it all smoothed out I trimmed the batting to about 2” from the quilt edge.

This week I'm doing the machine quilting. I don't do anything fancy, just stitch in the ditch and some 1/4" outline quilting. The picture below show my setup for the machine quilting. It takes a bit of wrestling with the fabric but I make it work. 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.