Monday, April 9, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt progress: Block #2 Aimee

Did you feel that earthquake!!!! 
That was me jumping up and down when I realized I understood how to do it.
I completed a block using FPP (foundation paper piecing). I finally found a youtube tutorial that I could understand. My first paper pieced block ever! It measures a bit on the small size, I may need to add a thin border later to make it fit in the quilt.
Introducing "Aimee":
completely paper pieced and sewn on my 1930's hand crank Singer Sewing machine.

There was an alternative way to piece it using a template, but I was determined to FPP it, so I dove in and learned how to paper piece. As the saying goes - "suck it up, buttercup" i.e. quit whining and get it done! I did and am very pleased with my first FPP block.

You can see block #1 and the introduction to my project here.

2 comments:

  1. all blocks, any technique, look better pressed :) This one looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.