Monday, May 14, 2018

Mon Oeuvre ~ Feathers Quilt progress: 2

Today was a warm one. Our outside sensor says that it was 93 degrees when I decided to go outside and sew.

I have been wanting to sew with my hand crank sewing machine outdoors ever since I purchased it. I set myself up on our backyard deck, there was a soft breeze blowing and it was very comfy there in the shade.

I thought it was fun that while I was sewing the second bird block of  my mom's "Feathers" quilt, I was enjoying the birds at our feeders. We had some new visitors while I was out sewing. I spotted our first Black Headed Grosbeak of the year at our feeder. It quickly flew away, and an Evening Grosbeak promptly perched at our bird bath and had a long drink of water. A whole flock of them ate at the feeders with our usual Goldfinch flock. Here's a photo of our first Evening Grosbeak, the lighting wasn't the best for taking it's picture.

Two blocks completed!

I was going to make the first block be a practice block and not use it in the quilt, but I love it so in it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.