Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Medical benefits of weight loss combined with exercise

Last week I had an annual health physical and was blown away by the change in my test numbers. I shared them with my daughter and she suggested I post the results on my blog as a follow up also. I contacted my doctors office and asked if they had the lab results from before my weight loss and they said they would look for them and get back to me. So it has taken me awhile to get the info to post here, but here goes:

before my exercise and weight loss goal journey (click here to read about my 3 year goal & weight loss journey - http://hearsdifferentdrummer.blogspot.com/2011/04/220-lbs-to-140-lbs-getting-fit-my-3.html) began:

Pulse 83
Weight 220 lbs.
Blood pressure 133 over 84
Triglycerides 147
Cholesterol 250
HDL Cholesterol 50
LDL Cholesterol 171
TC/HDL ratio 5.0
LDL/HDL 3.4

As of April 12, 2011:

Pulse 56
Weight 161
Blood pressure 114 over 77
Triglycerides 53
Cholesterol 168
HDL Cholesterol 65
LDL Cholesterol 95
TC/HDL ratio 2.6
LDL/HDL 1.5

What a difference, I'm glad my daughter made the suggestion to me.

P.S. It occurred to me to put in a link from the Mayo clinic about healthy level numbers:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol-levels/CL00001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.