Monday, June 13, 2011

Argh, tweaked my calf

I was sick the week before the last hike I went on a week ago Thursday, thought I was well enough a couple days before the hike to be able to go. I felt unusually tired during the hike that day. I didn't get sick again but the next day I did a light running workout and felt a slight twinge in my left calf. I immediately started walking and walk/jogged the rest of my workout. In the days following everytime I tried to run I felt the same twinge. So now I guess it's time to really focus on re-habing, ice and heat will be my friend. Over the weekend I just walk/jogged and when I jogged it was VERY slow. No twinges, but extremely tight. So now it's no hiking for me till I'm completely sure my leg is healed. Bummer, I was really enjoying the hikes and getting to know the "Trailblazers".  Running is my exercise of choice. I really enjoy running the 1/2 marathon distance, so hiking will have to take second place for awhile. When I do feel my leg is ready to hike with my running workouts I guess I'll have to re-evaluate how hard to workout on the days before and after the hike. What is that saying? - Patience is a virtue. It's been  11 days - at this point I'm not very virtuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.