Saturday, June 18, 2011

Frustrations galore...calf still sore

In my quest to be patient, I've been looking on-line for fun facts to help me. Here's a link with one of the many articles out there.
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/legpainandinjuries//a/calf-strain.htm?p=1

It has 3 grades of strain and their estimated recovery times. I am now past the Grade 1. Bummer, looks like I'll have to be a little more pro-active in my rehab approaches.


  • Grade 1 Calf Strain: The muscle is stretched causing some small micro tears in the muscle fibers. Full recovery takes approximately two weeks.


  • Grade 2 Calf Strain : There is partial tearing of muscle fibers. Full recovery takes approximately 5-8 weeks.


  • Grade 3 Calf Strain: This is the most severe calf strain with a complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibers in the lower leg. Full recovery can take 3-4 months and, in some instances, surgery may be needed.



  • Patience, Patience....

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.