Thursday, January 31, 2013

What to do with all those old T - shirts?

Front
Back
I think we all have some old T shirts in the back of a drawer that we don't quite want to discard but we don't want to wear anymore. I made mine into a carry all bag. I just cut the neck out right below the seam, and cut just above the arm seam (so the seam is still there). I measured 8" up and cut an even number of strips and tied the front ones to the back ones to close up the bottom of the bag. If you are making this out of a child's shirt you won't want to cut the tassels so long. I realized as I was tying the tassels that if I tied the tassels to each other  as I went around instead of to the back tassel it would make a summer tank top. Now I need to look for some old beads to decorate the tassels up a bit. I got the idea from here: http://craftingagreenworld.com/2012/10/01/how-to-no-sew-upcycled-t-shirt-grocery-bag-with-beads-and-bells-and-fringe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.