Friday, June 28, 2013

North Butte - Blanchard Mountain

I had originally planned to start hiking with the Senior Trailblazers yesterday but my husband had the day off, so we decided to hike to the North Butte viewpoint on Blanchard Mountain instead. We started on the Alternate Incline trail, heading towards Lizard lake went all the way to the viewpoint on the top then came back down by Lily lake and returned by way of Max's shortcut.



Lizard Lake
Beaver activity
View from the top
Lily Lake
Very industrious Beaver activity

Columbine
It was a really nice hike, after doing Oyster Dome last week 
I didn't know if my legs would do it but it was great fun.

Endomondo stats:
7.76 total miles hiked

I've been hiking alot to get into shape to hike with the Trailblazers again. Here's the post I wrote that has a summary of the hikes I did to prepare for joining them again - https://hearsdifferentdrummer.blogspot.com/2013/06/our-resident-frog.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.