Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hannegan Pass Trailblazer hike

Hoping for a sunny Thursday and hurray it was another beautiful day
in the Pacific Northwest! 
12 of us headed from Bellingham to hike Hannegan Pass. I was especially excited because I had invited my dad to join us as my guest.

The trailhead
The info. board with the typical bear warning and identification postings.
The views were spectacular!



We had lunch at the campground just before the pass. When we sat down to eat our fearless leader "Pat" had said we probably wouldn't go to the pass since we had stopped a little later for lunch, 

Lunch spot - my dad :-)
Lunch spot - my dad (again) :-)
but after we'd eaten it was agreed we would hike on to the pass. 
It would have just been a shame to get so close and not go on up.

Almost......... everyone
ooh aah
The view from the pass.

So glad we continued to the pass, it was another wonderful hike with the Senior Trailblazers 
& my dad :-)

Thanks for the picture, Nobuko!

Endomondo stats:
9.35 total miles hiked
3107 Min. altitude
5106 Max. altitude
7980 Total ascent
7331 Total descent



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.