Thursday, November 21, 2013

Campbell Valley Regional Park Trailblazer hike

We went international today and crossed over into Canada for the day's hike. I'd never been to this park before so I was excited to learn about a new place to do some walkabouts!
9 of us met at the Senior center in Bellingham for the carpool into another country. 2 more met us at the park in Canada, So a total of 11 of us enjoyed the crisp, cool, clear day in B.C. It was 28 degree's when I left my house this morning, and it stayed cool for our hike, I doubt if it broke 40 degrees.


Quite a bit of the trail was boardwalk with a roofing type material over it so it wasn't slick.


I thought this entwined tree was wonderful!


part of the forested trail


still some mushroom type plants around, but I suspect that this cold spell may put an end to them


one of the full sun areas of the trail and a little warmth


I thought this was so cute, all of these little plants were covered in frost. Looking very fairy like to me!


I'm not sure what plant these berries are from, but I liked all the color.


Then as we were walking towards the area where we would be eating I saw several of these clumps of ice erupting out of the ground. We had a discussion as to what it was called. I thought maybe Hoarfrost, but Penny said no she thought that the little plants in the water were covered in Hoarfrost. So I googled it when I got home and found that it was Needle Ice. Wonderful ~ I've never heard of this before so my brain was expanded today!


We even got to have a civilized sit down at a table for lunch with a real restroom nearby, such luxury,
With sunshine!

then back through the frosty world & to the cars.


It's a good thing we get along with each other and enjoy one another's company, because we got to have a nice nearly 1 hour long chat while waiting at the Border crossing to get back into our own U.S of A!
Great day for a hike in another country!

Endomondo stats:
5.85 total miles hiked


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.