Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bowman Bay Lighthouse Point Trailblazer hike

I was wondering if we would see any rain today as it had been predicted a little later today. Our Bowman Bay Lighthouse Point hike was on Whidbey Island (which is in the rain shadow of the Olympics) so, we had a pretty good chance of a dry day for our hike. It stayed grey and a little breezy by the time we stopped, but no rain! Our group of 15 headed out.



Deception pass bridge Panorama
(click to enlarge)


a hike around a bluff 


to eat lunch out of the wind and still with a great view!
Panorama (click to enlarge)


after heading back past our cars. I thought we were done here, so I turned off my tracking app at the parking lot. oops


We then went on to the rest of our hike and it's wonderful sights!




I take credit for our dry day, as I wore my rain poncho to ward off the evil rain spirits ;-)
Since I turned off my endomondo app at the parking lot & restarted it, I have 2 tracks for the day.

Endomondo stats:
Part one -
2.62 total miles hiked
-16 Min. altitude
109 Max. altitude
302 Total ascent
304 Total descent

Part two -
1.90 total miles hiked
-7 Min. altitude
93 Max. altitude
108 Total ascent
114 Total descent


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.